Tuesday 18 September 2007

14, Sep-19, Sep

Language course ended!!!
4 teachers, 8 weeks, 7 trips, dozens of pub hanging outs, nearlly 50 friends…. I would say it’s really a fantastic experience, even though costing me more than 30 thousands RMB. Learning English is just one outcome, making friends and getting used to the society and culture are two comparably more important results. 2 months living and studying experience can definitely help me adapt to the hectic life quicker and better when term starts. After all, there’s just 12 months to go. It’s kind of waist of time spending 2 months getting used to the life here after the course begins.

First football match!!!
Last Saturday, I had my first football game after I arrived at oxford. The deepest feeling is that the speed here in the match is much faster than in China. I think it will take me some time to get accustomed to it. I played central back for nearly 75 mins. I was very careful to avoid any stupid mistake. It’s a good game. We won 6:0. A guy in the other team seemed broke his collarbone. Best luck to him!!!
Mgt Consulting!!!
Met some Chinese friends in the weekend. Went to Ashton’s house drinking with some incoming MBAs in the evening of Sunday. Got some new idea about how to fit in mgt consulting co. there’s a office of Mckinsey called “Asian House” located in Frankford aiming to train some consultants with approximately 18 months working experience in European countries before coming back to their mother countries. It’s a very good opportunity for me. I’d like to give it a try!!! I think I need more information of mgt consulting co. and how they recruite ppl.
New bike!!!
Bought a new bike from a current MBA on Monday. But it seems like a women bike. So maybe I’m going to buy another one and sell this one to other MBAs or MFEs.
Horse riding in Wales - Great plan but concled!!!
Originally planned to make use of this week going to Wales to spend a horse riding holiday. But friends think it’s too expensive, so we did not go. 280 pounds for 2 days. It sounds pricy, but I would say it’s worthy. Since it’s not a inside riding, but a horse trip. It means we will ride horse to another village in the first day, on the way there, we can enjoy the resorts and nature, after arrival, spend a night in a old inn with great history. The next day, ride back from another route. It could be a great feeling!!! Moreover, a guide will accompany us, and there will be no other ppl in our group. That’s fabulous, isn’t it? Maybe I have to wait till next year since the riding season will finish after October. It’s a big shame I would say!!!
Hectic life comes closer and closer!!!
I can smell the hectic atmosphere now. from next week, lots of events will come continuously, even overlapped, I have to learn how to manage my limited time to make everything balanced. Peer support program/ move flat/ orientation program/ seminar/ dinner…… Stuff comes!!! Excited!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi brother,
I just read some of your blogs.Everything is interesting and fantastic to us.In addition,I plan to read them everyweek to know how about your latest experience there.Your picture told me that your're so happy that don't miss home now.hehe
BTW,I suggest you to amend your constellation to crab from Cancer. Sometimes the translation isn't exact.
Good luck!
Pi

Hu Xiaosong said...

haha. tks mate.
but unfortunately, I can't figure out who you are?